The unit is responsible for the appointment of invigilators for examinations conducted by the Syndicate except for the Certificate of Primary Education Examination (CPE) Examination.
Applicants should :
1. Be aged between 22 and 70 years
2. Be unemployed or retired from service
3. Have at least passed one subject at SC/GCE ‘O’ level examinations or equivalent
4. Be fit to perform such duties
5. Not have any criminal records.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates should call in person to fill in the application form.
The following documents (original and one photocopy) should be produced:
1. National identity card (NIC)
2. Birth/Marriage Certificate
3. Academic and other qualifications
4. Heading of Bank Statement – to verify bank account number
5. Letter of retirement (if applicable)
6. Letters of reference from past employers (if applicable)
7. Certificate of Character (dated back not more than one year)
8. Utility Bill as proof of residential address (CWA or CEB or MT).
9. Vaccination Card
Selection/Appointment are made from a bank of invigilators which is updated yearly through a survey; normally carried out during the period June-August.
- The Syndicate reserves the right not to make any offer of appointment.
- A daily allowance of Rs486/- is paid to each invigilator upon completion of the assignment.
- The sum payable is credited to the invigilators’ bank within a reasonable time.
Refund of travelling allowance is not entertained.